Monday, June 14, 2010

squeegee!!!

I was on my way to printmaking workshop last week when I met this guy (yellow in bottom left corner). Unfinished screenprint of Sqeegee the Duck that I produced for a printmaking project in October last year! I must admit it was quite a surprise to meet him after almost 8 months, just like that, in a rubbish bag waiting to get recycled. It makes me feel happy that the creatures I produce come back to me in surprising circumstances. It does not make me happy that perhaps most of art I make ends up unfinished, in the rubbish bin. At least it gets recycled...

2 comments:

holly said...

oh dear!! this is quite funny in a very sad way... i bet it had fallen down the back of the drying racks.

Anonymous said...

oh no! not squeegee duck! well, rest assure i have a copy of him tacked to my cork board to inspire me!